Last week, our construction crew poured the foundation for the new Hospitality Atrium. You can see that area in the picture below. The pipes coming through the slab to the left will provide the plumbing for our new coffee bar.
As you can see below in this week’s “View from Above,” the steel assembly has progressed quickly. Watch closely starting at :52 seconds, and you will see the beam that the congregation signed and added their prayers back in January.
Some Hallways are about to shrink
Starting next week, you will find that the spaces along temporary walls that are adjacent to our new construction will begin to get smaller as new temporary walls are constructed. This will be apparent in the labyrinth area and along the terrazzo hallway as well as upstairs outside the chapel. This additional access for the contractor will allow them to do the exterior and interior framing, which ties the existing and new building together, as well as the mechanical and electrical work.
Our future Hospitality Courtyard has largely been a big puddle of mud with a temporary roadway built through it for the past several months. One of our major goals for this area was to make sure that we saved the beautiful tree in that space. That tree had really grown, but we were able to trim it recently. Take a look!
Owner’s Renovation Projects
While the Building Committee was developing the final scope of our project, several areas were removed from our General Contract and were included in the project budget as Owner’s Renovation Projects. At the beginning of this year, we formed a Renovation Sub-Team to finalize the scope and execute those projects. These projects include eight areas that will be completed toward the end or just after the completion of the General Construction project. They include:
- The replacement of nine 20+ year old HVAC units.
- The renovation of our South first floor hallway (formerly nursery and preschool hallway) into our Office Hallway.
- The renovation of our first floor south restrooms and parlor and the addition of a family restroom.
- The refinishing of the existing first floor Children’s Hallway to match finishes in the new Children’s Center.
- Replacing the flooring and repainting the second floor Adult Education Hallway.
- Renovating our current Pastor’s Office Hallway into Education Classrooms.
- Refinishing Fellowship Hall.
- Reviewing and assigning all programming storage locations.
We are working with staff and program leaders on scheduling and coordination of these projects with a goal to complete everything by Labor Day with minimal interruption to programming.
We will continue to provide regular updates about the project. You can access these updates by clicking on “Building Project Updates” from the home page of this website or Building Projects/Building Project Updates from the menu on any page of our website.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.