A Message from Your Pastor
We are a people of faith who know that God is sovereign and God is good. We rely and trust in that even in times of great uncertainty.
Knowing that we are Better Together, especially when we worship together, the leadership of FUMC Allen has been prayerfully watching and listening for guidance regarding our worship schedule for this weekend. We do not want to react out of fear but rather out of a place of knowledge, wisdom, and faith.
On March 13, Bishop Mike McKee has asked that all North Central District and Metro District churches of the North Texas Conference cancel worship services this weekend and next.
You may read the full text of his message here:
Facebook Live Stream
As already planned, we will Facebook Live worship at 9:30am on March 15 and March 22, and we encourage you to join us on Facebook. We have confirmed that even someone without a Facebook account can navigate to the page and see the live video feed so if you have online access can find that stream here:
We will begin at our usual 9:30am time on those two Sundays. Navigate to Facebook and look for the red “LIVE” box in the video box. If you are unable to join us at that specific time, the video will be saved here:
You may also access Sunday’s message on our website, and we will be exploring other ways that we can share in worship together.
Other live streaming services
Several of our North Texas Conference United Methodist Churches live stream their worship services. You may find a list of those here:
Prayer & Scripture
Lent continues and I encourage us to be diligent in our Lenten practice of praying five times daily and reading scripture daily.
And as we pray, let us pray for:
- All who are ill and/or isolated.
- Medical professionals on the front lines
- Children and families who rely on free/reduced breakfast and lunch
- Researchers working to find a vaccine
- Community leaders
- Hourly wage earners who can’t afford to miss work
- Our church
In reading scripture, I would point us to the MANY scriptures in which God speaks to us about faith in the midst of fear, including:
- Psalm 27
- Deuteronomy 31
- Isaiah 43
- Romans 8
- Psalm 18
As the church, we can and will lead in this time. Please check your email this week for any additional cancellations. At this time, the following events have been cancelled.
- All Sunday activities, including Sunday school, Youth Fellowship, and Confirmation.
- All music rehearsals for the week of March 15
- Playday Preschool has extended its Spring Break for an additional week.
- The Senior Adult Game Night on March 14
- The XYZ Senior Luncheon on March 19
- The Stephen Ministry Presents…Hospice on March 19
- UPWARD Indoor Soccer Practices
Please contact your group leader if you have any concerns about any other scheduled meetings and bible studies. We’ll keep you posted as soon as any other decisions have been made.