First United Methodist Church of Allen has an opening for a part-time facilities manager. Please review the position description below and click link at the bottom to apply.
Principal Function: The Facilities Manager is responsible for all aspect of care, maintenance, safety and security for the church buildings and grounds, including hands on minor maintenance, interacting with maintenance contractors, overseeing housekeeping services and event setups.
Scope: Part-time, hourly, 24-28 hours per week. Generally 8:00am to 1:00pm, Monday-Thursday, 7:00am to 12:00pm on Sunday. Occasionally additional hours for special events or projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure facilities are cleaned, sanitized, stocked and maintained with excellence.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate housekeeping staff
- Order and maintain inventory of housekeeping supplies
- Maintain housekeeping equipment including vacuum cleaners, carpet extractor, buffer, tools, etc.
- Conduct minor maintenance including:
- Electrical repair (such as replacing an outlet or switch);
- Plumbing repair (such as replacing a faucet);
- AC mechanical repair (such as troubleshooting and filter and belt changes);
- Other equipment in the church, including kitchen equipment, water fountains, ice machines, water heaters, exhaust fans, doors and hardware, furniture, exterior signs, etc.
- Minor carpentry, drywall repair, painting, etc. as needed.
- In coordination with the Church Administrator, schedule, direct and supervise maintenance contractors for repairs beyond the scope of this position
- Maintain grounds including:
- Manage lawn maintenance service;
- Minor yard work not covered by lawn maintenance service;
- Monitor and adjust irrigation system schedule;
- Maintain irrigation system including minor repairs (such as replacing sprinkler heads and repairing leaks)
- Maintain utility closets, garage storage, and tool rooms in a clean and organized fashion
- Ensure rooms are properly set for groups and events
- Assist volunteers conducting facilities maintenance as needed
- Purchase supplies as needed
- Maintain budget accountability in areas related to facilities maintenance
- Unlock and lock the facilities as needed and provide other security as required
- Schedule and ensure all facilities inspections are completed as required (fire suppression systems, elevator, grease trap, etc.)
- Assist with special projects related to building maintenance or improvements as directed by the Church Administrator or Trustees.
- Evidence of faith in God and Christian character
- At least two years of experience managing and maintaining a large commercial property
- Hands-on competency in plumbing, electrical, and equipment maintenance
- Experience supervising others
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, climb a ladder and conduct work over your head
- Basic computer skills and IT familiarity
- English literacy