On October 17, Atrium Arts welcomes Chris S. Brunt on piano and Jane Fore on flute. Together they will perform the following classical and modern program:
- Minuet and Dance of the Blessed Spirits (from Orpheus and Euridice): Christoph Willibald von Gluck (1714-1787)
- French Suite in C minor (selections): J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
- Andante in C Major, K. 315: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
- Nocturne in C-sharp minor, Op. 27, No. 1: Frederic Chopin (1810-1849)
- Romance, Op. 94, No. 2: Robert Schumann (1810-1856)
- Legend: Richard Faith (b. 1926)
- The Giving: Michael W. Smith (b. 1957)
- The Gift of Love: arr. Joel Raney (b. 1956)
- Simple Gifts (a.k.a. The Lord of the Dance)(Shaker Hymn): arr. Joel Raney (b. 1956)
Jane Fore maintains a private flute studio for students in Plano and Frisco ISD. She also serves at Custer Road UMC in Instrumental/Handbell Music Ministry, involving volunteers of all ages in ministry. She is a member of the Texas Flute Society, National Flute Association, and Texas Music Educators. She enjoys playing alto flute with Flute Suite–a professional flute choir in Plano. Jane and her husband, Dave, love spending time hiking in Colorado every summer.
A native of Jackson, Mississippi, Chris S. Brunt holds music degrees from Millsaps College (B.M.) and Westminster Choir College (M.M.), has studied at the Royal School of Church Music (London, England), and has done post-graduate work in music history at the University of Mississippi. He most recent appointment is as full-time organist at Custer Road UMC inPlano, TX. Prior to joining the CRUMC staff he was Music Associate-Resident Organist/Director of Cox Chapel Music at Highland Park United Methodist Church in Dallas, TX (2001-2015). At HPUMC, Chris worked in all aspects of the church music program, playing for more than 3000 services, and participating in over 50 concerts. As a regular organist-pianist in the DFW area Chris has played in more than 50 churches/worship venues. He has assisted several area choral groups through the years including The Highland Park Chorale, The Dallas Choral Festival, Verdigris Ensemble, Vox Humana, The Dallas Chamber Choir, The Arts District Chorale, Project Eve, Orpheus Chamber Singers, The Allen Symphony Chorus, and The Dallas Symphony Chorus. He is presently serving as Dean of The Dallas Chapter of the American Guild of Organists.