Youth Activity Center
Using a holistic approach, yoga links breath with movement, bringing a sense of calm to the mind, and allowing for awareness of the body and how it moves. Some of the many benefits of yoga include reduced stress and anxiety, improved flexibility and balance, and chronic pain reduction.
We offer yoga at FUMC Allen because the practice provides community and fellowship where everyone is welcome, regardless of body size or shape, race, gender, belief, or physical ability.
Liz Stubbs, a registered yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance, teaches two types of yoga classes at FUMC Allen: Gentle Yoga Flow and Chair Yoga.
GENTLE YOGA FLOW
Gentle Yoga Flow is offered Mondays at 6:00pm. The class combines yoga poses with gentle stretching. Yoga Flow for all levels and is specifically designed for those who can get up and down off of the floor.
Chair Yoga is offered Monday mornings at 10:50am. This is an excellent class for anyone requiring assistance with poses, using a chair for support and balance. es chairs and props for balance and stability. The class is open to all, but designed to bring the benefits of yoga to those who have difficulty getting up and down off of the floor, are recovering from injury, or have other physical limitations.
- Classes are taught by Liz Stubbs, Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance.
- Class meets upstairs in the youth area at FUMC Allen.
- Participants will follow COVID safety protocols established by the church.
- Classes are open to church staff, church members, visitors, and all community.
- First class is free. $12 for each individual class or $50 for a 5 class pass
- Payment accepted during class check-in.
- Forms of payment include cash, personal check, and Venmo.
To register, visit whatsmyyoga.com and click on the Schedule a Class tab.
Questions? Contact Liz Stubbs, email email@example.com