Military Support Group
Stockings for Soldiers
October 21-November 13 2018
Help us collect the following items for our annual Stockings for Soldiers campaign .
- Snacks: NUTS, trail mix, snack crackers, energy bars, beef jerky, hard candies, Lifesavers®, mints, sunflower seeds
- Drinks: Hot chocolate mix (individual packages), coffee, drink mix singles
- Protection from the elements: Chapstick®, Blistex®, hand sanitizer, sunblock, lubricating eye drops (NOT Visine® or “get the red out” generics), hand warmers, baby wipes (small packages)
- Ladies: Small bottles of body wash, small shampoo/conditioner, hand lotions, elastic bands to tie back hair (brown/black)
- Supplies: Socks, cotton, boot cut (white, green or black). Odor eaters for boots, finger gloves, stocking caps (wool only),
- Toiletries: Toothbrushes, toothpaste, Q-tips® cotton swabs, small packs of Kleenex® or tissues, Foot powder (Gold Bond).
- Stationery/Office Supplies: Christmas cards with handwritten note of encouragement, prepaid military calling cards, pencils, pens, puzzles books, small pads of paper, Post-it Notes®, stamps, magazines (sports, cars, etc), puzzles, books
**No glass bottles or aerosol cans**
We also invite our children to create Christmas cards for our military members.
We can send stockings to your loved one in the military if you provide the name and address by November 8, 2018.
Volunteers can join us on Sunday, November 11, when we assemble and package stockings for mailing. For assembly shifts, click on our registration link. Shifts are available on November 11 from 9:00am-1:15pm and on Tuesday, November 13, from 8:00am-10:00am.
For more information, contact project coordinator Debbie Wilson.